Comenius project
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Comenius project

Discussion forum for the Austrian, Czech and Estonian participants on the Comenius project 2007-2009.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trip to Estonia

Go down 
+12
ustoff
ragganna
Anezka
Chibi-K
Reet
Evelin
Christian
KellerPassion
mods
Judith
Julie
kadri
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kadri

kadri

Female Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 am

You are going to come to Estonia in April. During your trip we are going to have a party in our school. We'd really like to hear some ideas about what to do at the party. We have some ideas but please give some more great ideas to us. Wink
Back to top Go down
Julie

Julie

Female Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 12:35 pm

paaartyy!! sunny
That's a very good idea Wink

Let's make some party games, or Karaoke would be fun Wink
And of course: Party-food and Party- drinks Smile

clown
Back to top Go down
Judith

Judith

Female Number of posts : 81

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Paaaaaaaaaarty   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 1:28 pm

That's an absolutely good idea. Julie's right, karaoke would be fun. And a big collection of music! cheers
Back to top Go down
mods

mods

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: doesn´t matter   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:18 pm

....austrian and czech beer! ...unbeatable!!.....^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.rototomsunsplash.com
Julie

Julie

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:49 am

well, mods this is an school-project Wink I don't think that there will be a lot of beer.. maybe alcohol-free beer

flower
Back to top Go down
KellerPassion

KellerPassion

Male Number of posts : 47

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 am

So, what are party drinks in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
http://www.kellerpassion.at.tt
Christian

Christian

Male Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:39 pm

What´s a Party-Drink? That depends on your age and/or what kind of party you are invited. Sometimes, water can be the best, after sports, beer is the best. But: Two litres of water ist good for your kidneys and two litres of beer maybe a problem.
A very good party drink ist SAFT - fluid SAFT - na, um mit dem Wohnmobil durch den Weltraum zu glühen (English?) as shown in the movie "Spaceballs".
I prefer Holunder-SAFT Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Evelin

Evelin

Female Number of posts : 22

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 1:11 pm

SAFT is juice, right? Very Happy
If it is, then yes, that would be better than beer, especially because it's still a school-party. Wink

But which other things you want to do in this party? Like some kind of activities or something like that?

lol!
Back to top Go down
Christian

Christian

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 2:34 am

Yes, Saft = juice and Holunder (Sambucus niger) is the Elderberry. We make a juice of the bloom (blossoms?) of Elderberry. Thereby carbon oxide will arise, it tastes very fine. Of course, maybe less alcohol will also be within.
I think, that all Czech know that juice. Are there Elderberries in Estonia too?
Which (or what - please help me, I´ve forgotten) kind of juice is very typical in Estonia? Question Cool
Back to top Go down
Evelin

Evelin

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 6:49 am

I'm not sure, but I think there are Elderberries in Estonia. Very Happy
But I've never heard about that juice. So maybe you could bring us a bit of it(a bit of juice? Shocked )
In Estonia we drink all kinds of juices. Like orange, grape, tomato etc.

Wink
Back to top Go down
kadri

kadri

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 7:09 am

But hat kind of activities would you like to do in the party?
Back to top Go down
Christian

Christian

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:30 am

More about elderberries: (S.nigra = elderberry)
***Alien status in region
In Poland and Germany S. nigra is a native species (Hegi 1966, Mirek et al. 2002).
It is becoming naturalised in west and south Latvia and in western Estonia (Kuusk et al. 1996). At the end of the 18th century the species was already discovered in natural areas in Estonian coastal islands (Saaremaa Island) and in the western part of Estonia (Fischer, 1778), where it was successfully cultivated (Talts 1969).****
You can read more at: http://www.nobanis.org/files/factsheets/Sambucus_nigra.pdf.
I´ve found the URL today - very interesting: the moving about of plants.
Sorry I´m a biologist - very old and that is why I don´t want to suggest any activities for the "party".
Back to top Go down
KellerPassion

KellerPassion

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 10:09 am

What about introducing games? So that everyone gets to know each other a bit... I don't think we're to old for things like that. I'm sure ye Estonians have lovely ideas how to encourage foreigners to open their mouth and tell something about themselves. And everybody who has survived that gets a paper cup of old elderberry juice.
Back to top Go down
Evelin

Evelin

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:36 am

Thanks for the idea. Wink

But still, you bring the elderberry juice. I mean, I don't know about other Estonians, but I have never heard about it before. And it's quite interesting you know. scratch

lol!
Back to top Go down
Reet

Reet

Female Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 11:52 am

Yes yes, bring it. I mean I am also Estonian, so there are now even two of us who have never heard about it. And well, that's a very high percentage. Lol.

Rolling Eyes

Tere Evelin. No mida. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
http://yourshoelacesareloose.blogspot.com/
kadri

kadri

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:34 pm

the percent grows, because i also haven't heard about the elderberry juice. Rolling Eyes
Deffinitly bring that juice to us.Wink

Reet, ära räägi Eesti keeles, teised ei saa ju aru!!!Laughing

Sorry about that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reet

Reet

Female Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:41 pm

Omg she told me not to speak in Estonian because others won't understand. Smile

lol!

All I said was hello and what. Hehe. Tere kadri. Rolling Eyes

Hehe, this is sweet. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://yourshoelacesareloose.blogspot.com/
Evelin

Evelin

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 7:27 am

Sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Judith

Judith

Female Number of posts : 81

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:05 am

party-games hm? actually I never play party games at parties...but let's think of it...wouldn't it be interesting which card-games you play in estonia or in czech. There are games like poker which knows everyone,right. But do estonian or czech know what schnapsen or Tarok is. Tarok and no I don't mean Tarò
Back to top Go down
Chibi-K

Chibi-K

Female Number of posts : 47

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 7:25 am

How about Activity *g* I adore that game XD

We can also make up new games, maybe some which help to get to know each other's culture. Maybe someone has any ideas..
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/Chibi-K/
Julie

Julie

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 12:15 pm

I looooove activity, doning the whole thing in english will make it more difficult, or more fun Wink

but i still want KARAOKE!!

Smile hugs! julchen
Back to top Go down
Chibi-K

Chibi-K

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:58 am

Yea, Karaoke would be fun, too. But only if enough people have the guts to sing ;P
Same with Activity. There are sometimes many "party-poopers", who are simply too bashful. Just experienced it last Saturday on a birthday party *coughs*, when some girls said they didn't want to play Activity and sat in the corner. There should be punishment for those who don't want to sing/play ;P No, just kidding. But it would be cool, if many people would take part ^^
Back to top Go down
KellerPassion

KellerPassion

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 5:57 pm

Uh, I think I know what ye mean. What a Face Allmighty Activity divides even KP!
Back to top Go down
kadri

kadri

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2008 11:01 pm

Sorry if I ask a dumb question, but what is this Activity what you are talking about? Question
Back to top Go down
Chibi-K

Chibi-K

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 12:59 am

It's quite easy to explain. You get a word and you have to a.) circumscribe/describe b.) draw c.) pantomime it.

For example: You get the word "schoolbag". To describe it you mustn't use any of the words, which are in it (not even in another language). It would be easier (for those who are guessing) to divide the word into two parts. So I would say "It's two words. First one: A building where every child goes to learn something. Second word: It's something where you put your books etc in."
Drawing it also shouldn't be such a problem ^^ Again: It's easier to divide the words.
Pantomime: You mustn't speak and it's not allowed to point at something or somebody. So if you have the word "teacher", don't point at your teacher *g*

So, while you're making a fool of yourself *g*, the others should be guessing all the time. You can say if something was correct or almost correct. The one who guesses it right, gets a point ^^

And if someone gets words like "pregnancy test" for pantomime it get's really amusing XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trip to Estonia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip to Estonia   Trip to Estonia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trip to Estonia
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next